Kyushu Institute of Technology is promoting BIRDS Bus Open Source activities. The aim is to share know-how and technical information regarding CubeSat development -- with a focus on the BIRDS Bus. This satellite bus was developed at Kyutech as a spin-off of the BIRDS Program (2015-2022). Kyutech offers all details of the BIRDS Bus on an open source basis (per MIT License).
The main goal is to provide a more solid basis for space programs in non-space faring countries by making satellite development easier, quicker, and less expensive. Starting from scratch is too much work.
To obtain the technical information please go to GitHub website .
We also have a monthly Webinar to discuss various issues related to the satellite bus.
To obtain the information about the Webinars, please click here .
Other information is available below and will be added;
- Overview presentation (from CubeSat Developer Workshop, April 2022)
- Webinar #4 chat message (Chiba Tech, BIRDS-4) March 12, 2022
- Webinar #4 recording (Chiba Tech, BIRDS-4) March 12, 2022
- Webinar #5 recording (BIRDS-5) April 9, 2022
- Webinar #6 recording (Power Budget, Ground Station Software) May 14, 2022
- Webinar #6 chat message (Power Budget, Ground Station Software) May 14, 2022
- Webinar #6 presentation (Power Budget) May 14, 2022
- Webinar #6 presentation (Ground Station Software) May 14, 2022